Contact Us

I agree to the collection of personal information.*[Professional view]

Donation FAQ

Q. Why does NAUH need donations?

To remain free and neutral from any political pressure or powers, NGOs need a structure where one can stand on its own. In addition, there is limited governmental budgets that can be utilized for North Korean human rights activities, defector rescues, as well as defector educations. It is necessary that NAUH has some its own budget to realize our visions and unification projects.

Q. What are the donations used for?

When you donate to NAUH, you are able to choose to contribute to one of the two following causes.

1) Operational (General) Donations: It is used to train and educate North Korean defectors, for administrative and operating expenses of the NAUH office, and for overall expenses used to improve human rights in North Korea.
2) Rescue Donations: It is used as a rescue relief fund to rescue North Korean defectors who are in the third country (China), living in the threat of repatriation to North Korea. With the rescue funds, they can step in the land of freedom.

* 후원금 관리의 투명성을 확보하기 위해 운영후원과 구출후원은 별도의 계좌로 운영·관리되고 있습니다. 또한 재무건전성 확보를 위해 ▲투명한 후원금 공시, ▲지·출입 합계 공시, ▲ 용도별 별도 계좌 관리, ▲ 전문 세무사의 정기적 재무관리 등의 방법을 구현하고 있습니다.

Q. How can I donate?

There are two main types of donations, one-time donation and regular donations.
If you opt to donate temporarily, you can transfer the funds directly to the following accounts.

1) General Donations: Shinhan Bank 100-029-475637 (Account Holder: NAUH Ji Sung Ho)
2) Rescue Donations: Nonghyup Bank 317-0006-8700-01 (Account Holder: NAUH)

If you wish to donate regularly, you can fill out the information sheet directly at NAUH website. (Main Page>Donate) Regular donations include CMS sponsorship and credit card sponsorship.

Q. Can I receive an income tax deduction for my contribution(s)?

NAUH is registered to the Ministry of Unification as a No.136 non-profit organization, as well as registered with the Ministry of Strategy and Finance as a designated donation organization. Therefore, upon making a separate request to us, you can get an income tax deduction at the end of every year. (*Only individual sponsors are allowed to receive this tax deduction.)

Q. What happens if a donation wasn’t made due to lack of bank balance?

If you didn’t have enough balance in your account for a specific month, you will be charged cumulatively on the withdrawal date next month.

Q. What can I do if I want to change my bank account to another one for donations?

If you request a change of account by emailing NAUH official e-mail (, or request to change bank accounts through the website (Main Page>CONTACT>Contact Us), we will change it as soon as possible.

Q. Is it possible to sponsor as a company?

Since NAUH is not a corporation institution, so corporate sponsorship is not available.

Q. How can I donate in foreign currency internationally?

You can officially send donations through PayPal If you wish to donate directly to NAUH account, you can transfer the amount to:

1) General Donations Foreign Exchange Account: Shinhan Bank / 140-011-236102 (Account Holder: NAUH)
2) Rescue Donations Foreign Exchange Account: NH Nonghyup Bank / 452-0011-8332-31 (Account Holder: NAUH)

If there are additional information you need to make the donation, you can request them via emailing us at Once you have emailed us, we will respond with the information.

Q. How and when do you announce donations?

You can check the donation announcements at the end of each month on the NAUH website (Main Page>News and Reports>Financial Reports).

Sign Up for Our Newsletters!

I agree to the collection of personal information.[Professional view]